Monday 28 January 2013

No wonder if someone starves for a karuvadu curry who lives in the places where they don’t sell it, even I did when I came here :) but somehow I would say unfortunate, I gotta cook this as I bought this when me and BF visited to Texas sometime, there after I got a chance to get dry anchovies in many Vietnam and Chinese stores. When iam writing this, my memories are with my Ammuma(Grandma) who makes this and serve for me whenever I visit her place with Kappa. Iam sure to say no other dishes can beat with that taste. There are many recipes with dry fish which I will be posting it whenever I get update from my Ammuma :).. I really miss her and wish I could meet her for this Onam and iam proud to say that this is from her cookbook.


Ingredients:
  • Dry Anchovies-1/2 Kg
  • Onion- 1 small
  • Tomato-1 nos
  • Green chillies-3 nos
  • Dry red chillies-2 nos
  • Chili Powder- 2 Tspn
  • Coriander Leaves- 1 Tspn
  • Turmeric Powder- half Tspn
  • Garlic pieces- 3 nos
  • Cumin seeds- 1 Tspn
  • Salt- To taste
  • Oil- To shallow fry

  • Wash Dry fish pieces in hot water and let it stay in hot water and squeezed lemon for atleast ½ hour to remove the impurities if any and this will remove the smell as well.
  • Grind garlic and cumin seeds to fine paste and keep aside.
  • Marinate the washed dry fish pieces along with the ingredients listed above along with the garlic paste and keep for ½ hour.
  • In a tava, add little oil and fry red chilies, onions and tomato until it becomes translucent, add green chilies
  • Add the marinated anchovies to this and cook without adding water and keep in low flame until it gets dry completely. Transfer into a paper towel to remove excess oil if any.
 
Tips:

"You can add the chili powder while adding onion and tomato to give extra spice.

You can try the same method with other type of dry fishes as well."

Tagged: ,

0 comments :

Post a Comment