Tuesday 29 October 2013

Yay! Its diwali time, I know most of the house wives will be thinking about what to make and impress their families and friends, like me. I wanted to try something, very different and tasty as well and I ended up making my mind to prepare these incredible “Sweet Somas”. Believe me it may look little difficult but when you do it with right measurements; you will get it absolutely fantastic results. I most important factor in making this “Sweet Somas” is the time you keep the dough before you go with the making. I kept the dough for 2 and half hours. I more time you keep the dough, the more fluffy it become while frying. The powder that I prepared for the stuffing can be kept in the refrigerator, as that can be served by itself, especially many kids love by eating by itself.

The most tedious process is bringing the shape, I used poori press to flattern maida, as it may shrink when you do it by hand.It is an excellent sweet to serve on special occasions like diwali, as it is crunchy and you won’t end up just having one or two. Yes feel free to comment how many you ate (lol). I know most of you are very curious to know about my “Diwali Special Post”, I dedicate this to you all. “I wish you and your family a wonderful Diwali”. You still have 4 more days to go, so get yourself prepared to make this Sweet Somas at your Diwali Sweets List.





Ingredients:
  • Maida-1 Cup
  • Corn Flour- 2 Tspn
  • Oil- 2 Tspn
  • Salt- a Pinch
  • Roasted Gram/Potukadalai- ¼ Cup
  • Sugar- ½ Cup
  • Coconut grated- ¼ Cup
  • Cardomom-few
  • Oil- For Frying


Method:

  • Mix Maida, Corn flour, Oil, Salt with approximately ¼ cup of Water and make a soft dough and set aside at least for 2 hours
  • Meanwhile grind Roasted Gram (Pottu kadalai) coarsely and keep aside
  • Grind Sugar along with Cardamom to fine powder and keep aside
  • Dry roast Coconut in a separate pan, just for 2 minutes
  • Mix the all the above grounded powder along with coconut and keep it separate (this serves as a stuffing for Samos)
  • Now,make balls and flattened the Maida dough and keep the stuffing powder at the center as shown below



  • Close the dough a shape of Somas and close the ends tightly
  • Drop the stuffed Somas to the Hot oil and fry until it turns to golden brown and transfer it to a paper towel to set it dry



Notes:

"Make sure to close the flattened dough completely without any opening, as the stuffing may come out while deep frying

You can also use the poori press to flattened it right

Make sure to keep the Somas in a air tight container to stay fresh and crunchy"


 

Tagged:

0 comments :

Post a Comment