Friday 20 December 2013

Researchers worldwide have discovered that eating fish regularly may reduce the risk of diseases ranging from childhood asthma to prostate cancer as it is low in fat, high in protein and an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids. From my childhood I have used to it as my mom everyday prepares fish, that’s the food culture followed by many keralites. It’s been a while that I was thinking to post a unique fish recipe apart from the usual curry or the fry and I ended up in this. This is the first time I made it and believe me my BF and I just loved it and posting it in my blog for my readers. If you are a fish lover I bet you gonna fall in love with this recipe as it gives a nice spicy taste packed with roasted masala.

To prepare this, you may need a whole small fish I prefer karemeen if you don’t get this in the place you live then you could prefer tilapia or pomfret fish. You can also try this with any other small fishes but those fishes will give you the exact taste. Normally many of ladies don’t prefer to eat fishes with mercury as it’s not good for health, same with me as well. I always prefer for tilapia as its rich in proteins and good for health too. Let’s go with the making, the vital part in this is after you spread the fish with the masala let it remain for at least 1 hour, then only the fish will get blended with the masala.
 


To Grind:
  • Red chilies- 8 Nos
  • Small Onions- 6 Nos
  • Coriander Powder- 1 Tspn
  • Garlic- 5 Nos
  • Black pepper seeds- 2 Tspn
  • Coriander Seeds- ½ Tspn
  • Fennel Seeds powder- ½ Tspn
  • Cumin seeds- 1 Tspn
  • Mustard seeds-1 Tspn
  • Turmeric powder- ¼ Tspn
  • Lemon juice- 1 Tspn


For Gravy:
  • Onion- 1 Medium
  • Ginger – 1 small piece(finely chopped)
  • Curry Leaves- Few
  • Coconut Oil- 4 Tspn
  • Green chilies- 3 Nos
  • Egg -1 (egg white)
 

Method:

  • Grind all the ingredients under to grind and separate it by two half’s.
  • Spread the one half of the masala to the fish and marinate for at least 1 hour.
  • After 1 hour, just roughly pour the egg white to the fish and shallow fry the fish in the coconut oil.
  • Flip both sides, and transfer to paper towel to set dry.
  • In the same pan, with the same fried oil, throw the curry leaves,onion, ginger and green chilies and saute well.
  • After the onion becomes translucent, add the other half of the masala and saute well until the masala smell goes off from it.
  • Pack the fish pieces with the masala on both the sides and spread completely to it.
  • Add few more curry leaves on top and serve hot.
 

Tips:
"Adjust the red chilies and green chilies as per your spice level.

If you don’t want to add egg white to the fish you can leave it as its optional.

Use only coconut oil to give you the best result.

Be sure not to break the fish while packing it with masala."

Tagged:

0 comments :

Post a Comment